CAJON PASS, Calif. (VVNG.com) — It’s another incredibly busy Monday morning for motorists making the treck down the hill on the I-15 and the 138.
The added traffic delays are a result of an early morning fire along the shoulder of the southbound freeway, about a mile from Cleghorn Road.
Firefighters responded and shut down the ‘slow lane’ as they worked on putting out the fire. By 5:00 am, crews had contained the fire and would remain on scene for several hours.
People coming from Phelan/Wrightwood on Highway 138 are also stuck in gridlock traffic. Motorists are reporting at least a one hour delay.
The official cause of the fire remains under investigation.
Additional information will be available as it becomes available.
- Apple Fire started by malfunctioning vehicle, authorities seeking witnesses
- Fire restrictions increased in San Bernardino National Forest
- Dive team recover body of boater missing in Big Bear Lake since Saturday
- No injuries reported following drive-by shooting in Victorville
- Apple Fire burns over 20,000 acres and is 5% contained