PHELAN, Calif. – The Victor Valley Sheriff’s Station is asking for assistance from the community to identify the owner of a large amount of ammunition found in the desert.
On Monday, December 4, 2017, five green ammo cans and four brown cardboard boxes containing over 1,900 rounds of ammunition were found buried in the desert in the area of Beekley Road in Phelan.
The green cans have white stickers on them with blue writing indicating the caliber contained inside the cans. The ammunition included various caliber sizes of Winchester, Federal, American Eagle and HSM.
The San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department are trying to locate the owner of this property. Anyone with information regarding this crime is urged to contact at Deputy Molly Leiker at Victor Valley Sheriff’s Station, (760) 552-6800. Persons wishing to remain anonymous can report information to WeTip by calling 1-800-78-CRIME, or by accessing the website at www.wetip.com.
- Transient arrested for arson after setting fire to bushes outside of Arby’s in Victorville
- All SB County residents urged to get tested for COVID-19 using easy-to-use nasal swabs
- Driver in high-speed pursuit cited and released due to medical condition
- Police investigating after man shows up to local hospital with gunshot wound
- Homeless man stabbed in the back, 30-year-old arrested for attempted murder