VICTORVILLE-(VVNG.com): The San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Homicide Detail is investigating the circumstances surrounding a body located inside a silver sedan near Eto Camino Road and Barranca Way. The vehicle was left running with headlights on when the body of the deceased person was located Wednesday night.
Neighbors told Victor Valley News that the woman was trying to leave when she was shot by a male believed to be her boyfriend.
Just before the discovery of what multiple unconfirmed reports indicate is the body of a deceased female, multiple calls were made to 911 reporting gunshots heard. These calls came in at around 9:15 p.m. and also just before 10:20 p.m. Authorities said that there was a gathering in the area earlier on Wednesday night and there have been ongoing problems in that area.
Homicide detectives were called to the scene at around 10:20 p.m. and soon after the area was taped off with caution tape. Homicide investigators arrived on scene just before 1:00 a.m. according to witnesses.
It is unclear at this time if any arrests have been made. The San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department was not immediately available for comment, information will be updated as it is received.
UPDATE: San Bernardino, nearly 10 hours after Victor Valley News broke the news of the horrific discovery, has confirmed that the deceased body of a female was located Wednesday night.
- Barstow Sheriff’s Deputy attacked by suspect with a machete
- A long-duration and dangerous heat-wave will begin Friday, Monsson activity possible
- Can you help Victorville Police ID this suspect?
- 14 arrested, cash, guns, and marijuana seized during search warrant in Victorville
- Motorcyclist airlifted after crash on Pawnee Rd and Highway 18 in Apple Valley