VICTORVILLE, Calif. (VVNG.com) — Homicide Detectives are investigating a stabbing that occurred here in Victorville early Monday morning.
It happened on the 14400 block of Moon Valley Street near East Trail when deputies were dispatched to an unknown disturbance at about 3:00 a.m., Sheriff’s officials confirmed.
“While [Deputies were] in route, at 3:03 am, the call was changed to a stabbing,” stated Sheriff’s Spokeswoman Mara Rodriguez.
According to a witness, emergency personnel performed CPR on a black male adult who was found lying in front of the residence near the garage door with a stab wound to his chest.
A helicopter was initially requested to transport the victim to a trauma center, however, the request was later canceled. The male victim was subsequently transported by ground ambulance to a local hospital in grave condition.
Crime Scene Investigators photographed inside and outside the residence. Near the front entrance of the doorway appeared to be a knife with a yellow evidence marker labeled “2” next to it.
The incident caps a violent weekend in the Victor Valley, including another stabbing Sunday afternoon in Hesperia and a shooting late Sunday night in Adelanto, in which authorities have not provided any additional information regarding those incidents.
For more information and updates, be sure to like us on Facebook.
- Driver in high-speed pursuit cited and released due to medical condition
- Police investigating after man shows up to local hospital with gunshot wound
- Homeless man stabbed in the back, 30-year-old arrested for attempted murder
- Man, 21, parked in the Town Center Parking lot robbed at gunpoint
- 25-year-old on probation back in jail after pursuit in Victorville