PINON HILLS, Calif – A 2nd alarm fire completely destroyed a home and damaged several other structures on Wednesday afternoon.
Dispatch received a call reporting the fire at about 1:30 p.m. on July 27th. A reporting party stated a home on the 800 block of Pinon Road was fully engulfed.
Per scanner traffic, the two elderly occupants were able to safely exit the structure. One of the home’s occupants was transported by ground ambulance to Arrowhead Regional Medical Center for smoke inhalation.
When firefighters arrived they located a single-story residence with thick black smoke billowing into the sky. The fire quickly jumped to a nearby detached with two vehicles inside. The fire also caused damaged to several adjacent homes.
A life-hazard alert was called due to multiple down power lines that created a hazard for firefighters. Cal Fire assisted San Bernardino County Fire with a potential threat to vegetation that was quickly mitigated.
At this time the cause of the fire remains under investigation.
- No injuries reported following drive-by shooting in Victorville
- Apple Fire burns over 20,000 acres and is 5% contained
- Police investigate shooting at High Desert Inn in Hesperia
- Granite Hills High School Celebrates Its AP Capstone Diploma Recipients
- National Trails Highway in Oro Grande closed due to fatal crash