VICTORVILLE, Calif. (VVNG.com) — Authorities are searching for a suspect involved in a high-speed pursuit that ended in a crash Monday night.
Officers with the California Highway Patrol initiated a pursuit with a blacked out vehicle speeding in excess of 100 mph on the southbound I-15 freeway near Wild Wash Road.
At about 8:20 pm, the unidentified driver of the vehicle, a red Ford Mustang, exited at Roy Rogers Drive and crashed into the vegetation on the off-ramp and foot-bailed.
Deputies with the Victorville police department along with a Sheriff’s and CHP helicopter responded to the area to assist with the search.
Several armed officers were seen searching nearby brush and the surrounding shopping centers.
As a precaution management at the In-N-Out Burger at the corner of Roy Rogers Drive and the I-15 decided to temporarily close the restaurant as officials worked to locate the wanted suspect.
As of 9:00 pm, the suspect remained at large.
Anyone with information is asked to contact dispatch at 760-956-5001.
- No injuries reported following drive-by shooting in Victorville
- Apple Fire burns over 20,000 acres and is 5% contained
- Police investigate shooting at High Desert Inn in Hesperia
- Granite Hills High School Celebrates Its AP Capstone Diploma Recipients
- National Trails Highway in Oro Grande closed due to fatal crash