HESPERIA, Calif, (VVNG.com) — A Hesperia man was flown to a trauma center after he was stabbed by a suspect he confronted inside his yard, officials said.
At about 8:14 am deputies responded to the 16500 block of Vine Street following the report of a someone possibly stabbed.
Deputies arrived and found a 52-year-old male victim suffering from lacerations, officials said.
“Deputies learned from the victim that an unknown black male was in the victim’s fenced yard; the victim confronted the male and at that time the male suspect pulled out a knife and cut the victim several times on his arms, face and leg,” stated sheriff’s spokesman Edgar Moran.
Moran said deputies conducted an extensive area check but did not find the suspect.
California Highway Patrol helicopter H80 was orbiting nearby and landed at the scene to airlift the victim to an out of area trauma center.
The investigation ongoing and anyone with information is asked to call the Hesperia Sheriff’s Station at 760-241-7400.
- Barstow Sheriff’s Deputy attacked by suspect with a machete
- A long-duration and dangerous heat-wave will begin Friday, Monsson activity possible
- Can you help Victorville Police ID this suspect?
- 14 arrested, cash, guns, and marijuana seized during search warrant in Victorville
- Motorcyclist airlifted after crash on Pawnee Rd and Highway 18 in Apple Valley