HESPERIA-(VVNG.com): A 20-year-old Hesperia man was arrested for cruelty to a child on Monday evening. On Sunday, May 22nd a Hesperia Station deputy was dispatched to the report of child abuse. Upon arrival, they made contact with the reporting party who had photos of the victim, a 2-year-old child with severe bruising to the face.
The reporting party stated the photos were given to her by another family member. The deputy also made contact with the family member who provided the photo showing a hand shaped bruise, welts, and scratches on the face of the child.
Although the victim’s injuries were not discovered until Sunday morning, the reporting parties told authorities that they believed that the injuries were caused Saturday night when the child was alone with the suspect in the child’s room.
Deputies were not immediately able to located the suspect, Zachary Meddaugh and obtained a Ramey Warrant for his arrest. Meddaugh went to the Hesperia Station to meet with the Hesperia Detective Bureau late Monday afternoon where he was arrested and booked into the High Desert Detention Center for cruelty to a child. He is being held in lieu of $100,000 bail.
- No injuries reported following drive-by shooting in Victorville
- Apple Fire burns over 20,000 acres and is 5% contained
- Police investigate shooting at High Desert Inn in Hesperia
- Granite Hills High School Celebrates Its AP Capstone Diploma Recipients
- National Trails Highway in Oro Grande closed due to fatal crash