VICTORVILLE-(VVNG.com): The proceedings have been suspended for a Victorville man who was arrested for inappropriately touching a 13-year-old female child in a local store in February.
Aristarchus Verrett, 32 was arrested on Friday, February 26, 2016 after a female victim told authorities that when she was inside the business located at 12410 Amargosa Road she was approached by Verrett. She said he asked her questions then began to touch her inappropriately.
The female juvenile walked away and reported the incident. Authorities made contact with Verrett outside of the business location where they interviewed him and arrested him without incident.
Verrett pleaded not guilty to the lewd act upon a child, but Sheriff’s officials believe there may be additional victims. At a pre-preliminary hearing last month, a doubt in the mental health was made, which suspended all proceedings until the court can decide on Monday, April 18th how to proceed based on the psychiatric evaluation findings.
Anyone with further information on this case is asked to contact the Victorville Police Department at (760) 241-2911. Callers wishing to remain anonymous are urged to call the We-Tip Hotline at 1-800-78CRIME (27436) or you may leave information on the We-Tip website at www.wetip.com
- Barstow Sheriff’s Deputy attacked by suspect with a machete
- A long-duration and dangerous heat-wave will begin Friday, Monsson activity possible
- Can you help Victorville Police ID this suspect?
- 14 arrested, cash, guns, and marijuana seized during search warrant in Victorville
- Motorcyclist airlifted after crash on Pawnee Rd and Highway 18 in Apple Valley