HESPERIA, Calif. (VVNG.com) One person required extrication and another person was airlifted with serious injuries following a head-on traffic collision.
The accident was reported around 9:15 p.m. on Sunday, May 28, 2017, involving two SUVs. When Firefighters from the San Bernardino County Fire Department responded they located two SUVs with major damage, according to Battalion Chief Kelly Anderson.
For unknown reasons, both vehicles a 2006 Nissan Armada and a Honda CRV collided head-on near Smoketree Road on Highway 395.
A female occupant of one SUV required minor extrication, which took about 10 minutes Anderson said.
The occupant of the second SUV was airlifted to Arrowhead Regional Medical Center with major injuries.
Highway 395 was temporarily closed while a helicopter landed just east of the crash.
The San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department is handling the investigation.
For more local news, join our group on Facebook with nearly 100,000 members-
JOIN- VICTOR VALLEY NEWS
- Dive team recover body of boater missing in Big Bear Lake since Saturday
- No injuries reported following drive-by shooting in Victorville
- Apple Fire burns over 20,000 acres and is 5% contained
- Police investigate shooting at High Desert Inn in Hesperia
- Granite Hills High School Celebrates Its AP Capstone Diploma Recipients