NewsVictorville News

Firefighters respond to smell of gas inside the Mall of Victor Valley

VICTORVILLE, Calif. (VVNG.com) — A strong smell of natural gas inside the Mall of Victor Valley Sunday morning, prompted firefighters to respond.

It happened at about 7:40 am, on April 14, 2019, firefighters from the Victorville City Fire were dispatched to the mall located in the 14400 block of Bear Valley Road in Victorville.

Fire crews arrived and confirmed a strong odor inside the structure and requested a South West Gas representative to the scene.

Firefighters located the leak and determined it was coming from inside the Red Robin restaurant.

The mall is scheduled to open at 11:00 am on Sunday, however, at this time it’s unknown if this incident will affect that.

This is a developing story and additional information will be updated as it becomes available.

If you smell a natural gas odor, hear the hissing sound of gasescaping or see other signs of a leak: IMMEDIATELY EVACUATE the area, and from a safe location either call 911 or SoCalGas at 1-800-427-2200. DON’T smoke, or light a match, candle or other flame.

To follow updates to this article and more, Join our newsgroup on Facebook with over 121,000 members, Like our Facebook page, and Follow us on Instagram and Twitter.

Leave a comment

Comment(s)

VVNG Staff

Have a news tip or story idea? We'd love to hear from you! Call (760)998-1598 or email News@vvng.com
Back to top button
Close