NewsVictorville News

Firefighters respond to Galileo Academy due to malfunctioning HVAC unit

VICTORVILLE, Calif. (VVNG.com) — Parents dropping off their children at Galileo Academy were concerned when fire personnel responded to the campus early Friday morning.

At about 7:09 am, on August 31, 2018, firefighters with San Bernardino County Fire were dispatched to the 15000 block of Warwick Street reference smoke inside one of the buildings at the school.

Firefighters arrived on scene and confirmed smoke had filled the office and made access to the roof to investigate. Crews determined the source of the smoke was coming from a faulty HVAC unit and were able to secure it before any actual fire started.

Public Information Officer Eric Camarena with the Victor Elementary School District said the fire department has given the all clear and students will be resuming classes shortly. “Our maintenance team will be working to ensure the unit is fixed and the campus is operating in a safe and comfortable environment for students and staff.”

Want more news? Join our newsgroup on Facebook with over 117,000 members, Like our Facebook page, and Follow us on Instagram and Twitter.

Leave a comment

Comment(s)

Show More
Close