VICTORVILLE, Calif. (VVNG.com) — Firefighters with San Bernardino County Fire responded to a fire in a vacant strip mall Thursday night.
At about 10:50 pm, firefighters responded to multiple reports of a structure fire in the 14000 block of St. Andrews Drive in Victorville.
“First arriving engine, truck, and squad from station 311 arrived in 4 minutes to find a single story commercial strip mall with three units well involved with fire,” stated SBC Fire in a Facebook post.
Firefighters entered into a defensive mode as they worked aggressively to keep the fire from extending into adjacent businesses.
Quick action from initial attack crews kept the fire from spreading from the vacant involved units into the surrounding occupied businesses. County firefighters were successful in their attack, and the fire was brought under control in approximately twenty-two minutes.
No injuries were reported and damage estimates are still being compiled. The cause remains under investigation.
- Adelanto man asleep in Del Taco drive-thru arrested on weapon and drug violations
- DMV Now Offering Commercial Driver’s License Renewals Online
- Transient arrested for arson after setting fire to bushes outside of Arby’s in Victorville
- All SB County residents urged to get tested for COVID-19 using easy-to-use nasal swabs
- Driver in high-speed pursuit cited and released due to medical condition