HESPERIA, Calif. (VVNG.com) A stretch of Summit Valley Road is closed as firefighters battle a vegetation fire Friday afternoon near the Hesperia Airport.
At approximately 2:40 p.m., The San Bernardino County Fire Department requested the assistance of two water dropping helicopters and a hand-crew for a “fast-moving” fire, officials said.
It began near Summit Valley Road and Telephone Canyon Road close to several homes. However, fire officials said the forward rate of spread has been stopped thanks to the aggressive attack from the ground and the air.
At least two acres have burned so far.
This is a developing story and more information will be provided as it becomes available.
- No injuries reported following drive-by shooting in Victorville
- Apple Fire burns over 20,000 acres and is 5% contained
- Police investigate shooting at High Desert Inn in Hesperia
- Granite Hills High School Celebrates Its AP Capstone Diploma Recipients
- National Trails Highway in Oro Grande closed due to fatal crash