UPDATE – The fire is holding at 10 acres and firefighters have a line around the fire. Most of the aircraft has been called off.
HESPERIA, Calif. (VVNG.com) — Fire crews are battling a brush fire near the Hesperia Airport.
On September 2, 2019, at about 4:33 pm San Bernardino County Fire responded to a vegetation fire at the old Hesperia dump off Summit Valley Road.
Firefighters on scene south of Summit Valley Road and are reporting the fire to be 10 acres in size with a potential of 50 acres.
Cal Fire will take the lead on the incident. Per scanner traffic reports, a full aircraft response has been ordered.
This is a developing story. Additional information will be updated as it becomes available.
- Apple Fire started by malfunctioning vehicle, authorities seeking witnesses
- Fire restrictions increased in San Bernardino National Forest
- Dive team recover body of boater missing in Big Bear Lake since Saturday
- No injuries reported following drive-by shooting in Victorville
- Apple Fire burns over 20,000 acres and is 5% contained