HESPERIA, Calif. (VVNG.com) A portion of Mariposa Road remains closed following a fatal traffic collision Saturday night.
The San Bernardino County Hesperia Sheriff’s Station and SB County Fire Department personal responded to a two-vehicle traffic collision at around 7:40 p.m. on Mariposa Road, just north of Main Street.
Upon arrival firefighters located a white 2015 Kia Forte and a dark-colored 2003 Buick Century with major front-end damage in the middle of the roadway.
Per scanner traffic, two airships were initially requested to transport two critically injured occupants. However, one of the requests was later cancelled.
A yellow tarp was draped over the driver side door of the Buick just after 8:00 p.m. Additionally, firefighters had to use the hose to put out the burnt-out remains of smoldering engine parts of both vehicles.
Mariposa Road between Avenal and Mojave Street will remain closed for several hours as the Sheriff’s Department investigate the cause of the crash.
- Apple Fire started by malfunctioning vehicle, authorities seeking witnesses
- Fire restrictions increased in San Bernardino National Forest
- Dive team recover body of boater missing in Big Bear Lake since Saturday
- No injuries reported following drive-by shooting in Victorville
- Apple Fire burns over 20,000 acres and is 5% contained