ADELANTO-(VVNG.com): Four adult family members were displaced after their home of 10 years was deemed uninhabitable due to an electrical fire on the 18900 block of Koala Road. The family noticed a spark coming from an electrical outlet causing them to evacuate the home and call the fire department. Upon going outside the home at about 10:00 p.m. Wednesday, December 10th the family noticed smoke coming from the roof area of the home.
Firefighters from the San Bernardino County Fire Department arrived to the single story home about 10 minutes after the report to find smoke coming from the attic
area of the home. Firefighter efforts were inhibited due to a lack of area fire hydrants requiring a water tender to be called to the home.
The firefighters found the fire, that was not on the ground floor of the home and was concentrated to the attic area of the home. According to San Bernardino County Fire Department officials in order to slow the progression of the fire they were required to make vertical ventilation in the roof of the home. The fire was extinguished by 10:24 p.m.
One of the occupants of the home, Amanda Kae Malone, lived in the home with her husband and disabled parents. The Red Cross assisted the family with finding a place to stay for three nights, but Malone says that after that, they will have nowhere to go. They are asking for assistance to help them replace some of their damaged belongings and possibly with some money toward a deposit to rent another home. If you would like to help this family that lost everything due to this fire, the family has set up a go fund me account.
All News7 days ago
Frontier Communities Rolls Out Brand New Home Designs in Victorville
All News6 days ago
Crews working a two-alarm house fire in Apple Valley
All News5 days ago
Man, 44, arrested after attempted kidnapping of an 18-year-old woman in Apple Valley
All News7 days ago
Eight arrested during Nocturnal Wonderland Festival in Devore
All News1 day ago
Victorville CHP to conduct a sobriety checkpoint in Spring Valley Lake
All News5 hours ago
SB County Parks District Employee Arrested for False Imprisonment of a Co-Worker