APPLE VALLEY, Calif. — The Granite Hills High School Family Center will host its fourth annual Harvest of Giving Nov. 14 from 5-7 p.m. in the Granite Hills gymnasium.
Groceries, clothing, and other items will be distributed to visitors while supplies last.
GHHS Family Center Coordinator Zayra Hall said that the event exists to support the entire community, regardless of school site, age, or income.
“By supporting our community we’re also helping build a better future,” she said. “When you know your community cares, you’ll also be inspired to find ways you can give back. Supporting people gives them hope.”
“My favorite part of this event is seeing our students, staff, district, community, and local businesses come together to support our community,” Hall said.
The Harvest of Giving is sponsored by Valew Quality Truck Bodies, with support from Shear Realty, High Desert Apple Valley Church, the Granite Hills PTSO, Vanguard Preparatory School PTSO, and Rancho Verde Elementary School PTO, as well as the Sandia Academy, Yucca Loma Elementary Paul Swick, Phoenix Academy, and Granite Hills Family Centers.
Visitors are encouraged to park in the student parking lot with the solar panels on the west side of the campus. For more information contact Zayra Hall at 760-961-2290 ext. 73409 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Apple Fire started by malfunctioning vehicle, authorities seeking witnesses
- Fire restrictions increased in San Bernardino National Forest
- Dive team recover body of boater missing in Big Bear Lake since Saturday
- No injuries reported following drive-by shooting in Victorville
- Apple Fire burns over 20,000 acres and is 5% contained