VICTORVILLE:(VVNG.com)- A local woman said her car caught fire after a mod box exploded late Sunday morning.
Danielle Poole parked her 2014 Chrysler in the street and under a tree while she visited a friend in Victorville near Silica and Fifth Avenue.
By noon-time temperatures in the Victor Valley had already reached triple digits.
“I went inside for 15 minutes and heard my car alarm going off,” said Poole. “I went outside to my car and it was completely filled with smoke!”
Poole said she panicked and worried her car was going to explode. “The driver side door, seat, and visor were completely engulfed in flames”.
San Bernardino County Fire arrived on scene and helped extinguish the vehicle fire.
Poole was shocked when she learned what may have caused the fire. Prior to walking into her friend’s house, Danielle left her Ohmega Box Mod with Emerson batteries on the driver side door panel.
Danielle Poole said she realized it was the box mod when she noticed the mod on fire and embedded in the driver side door. Firefighters were contacted by Victor Valley News but they have not been able to confirm the cause of the fire at this time.
Danielle tells Victor Valley News she’s been vaping for years and the experience will not keep her from vaping. “I’ve left my vape in the car many times but never had this happen. It has me spooked but I will definitely be a lot more cautious.”
Danielle just wants others to know what happened to her and warn them about keeping vapes/mods in cars or hot areas because it can happen at any time”
All News5 days ago
Pedestrian killed on Thanksgiving night in Apple Valley
All News2 days ago
School bus, tractor-trailer, and SUV involved in crash on Phelan Road
Adelanto News2 days ago
Murder investigation underway in Adelanto neighborhood
All News2 days ago
2 airlifted after multi-vehicle crash at Phelan and Johnson Roads
All News1 day ago
14 cattle dead following head-on crash involving two semi trucks in Hesperia
All News24 hours ago
Over 23,000 marijuana plants seized and 12 arrested during Operation Hammer Strike week 13
All News20 hours ago
Man airlifted after crash on Hesperia Road in Victorville
Adelanto News9 hours ago
AESD Board Member Ammie Hunter suddenly and unexpectedly passes away