RANCHO CUCAMONGA: Per USFS the Etiwanda fire is now approximately 1,000 acres with 0% containment. The Fire was reported on 04/30/14 07:51 a.m., in the area of Day Canyon, north of Rancho Cucamonga. One structure damaged, approximately 1,650 homes evacuated. A total of 580 fire personnel, 30 fire engines and 18 fire crews are currently fighting the fire.Cal-fire aircrafts remain grounded due to high winds.
Mandatory evacuations: have been established for the areas north of Banyan – between Rochester and Etiwanda north of Wilson from Etiwanda Ave. and west to the wash. Etiwanda Ave. to Day Creek, north of Wilson.
With voluntary evacuations north of the 210 freeway between Milliken and Etiwanda
• Per San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department the following roads are closed:
-Soft road closures: Limited Access at Day Creek at Banyan, Banyan at Etiwanda, Banyan at Haven, Haven at Hillside, Archibald at Hillside, Carnelian at Hillside, Sapphire at Hillside
-Hard closures: Emergency Services Personnel Only: Day Creek at Wilson, Etiwanda at Wilson, Etiwanda at the entrance to the preserve, Indian Wells at Alamo, Milliken at Banyan
•Per the Rancho Cucamonga Police Department, Golden Elementary School has been evacuated – Students have been bused to Terra Vista Elementary (7497 Mountain View Dr, Rancho Cucamonga), (909) 945-5715.
•Per Rancho Cucamonga Banyan, Hermosa, and Stork Elementary Schools –Voluntary parent pick up
•Per Chaffey College – Rancho Cucamonga campus classes have been cancelled and students released
•Alta Loma Christian School 9974 19th St, Rancho Cucamonga – students being released to parents due to smoke, classes cancelled.
• Information regarding status of schools can be found at these websites:
• Etiwanda School District: www.etiwanda.k12.ca.us
• Mt. Baldy Joint School District: www.mtbaldy.k12.ca.us
• Chaffey Joint Union High School District: www.cjuhsd.k12.ca.us
• Chaffey College: www.chaffey.edu
• The South Coast Air Quality Management District has issued a smoke advisory today for portions of western San Bernardino due to the Etiwanda Fire. Information for Rancho Cucamonga residents can be found at www.CityofRC.us and click on the Alerts button.
• Please refer all public and media calls regarding the Etiwanda Fire to the U.S. Forest Service at 909-383-5688 or the website at www.inciweb.nwcg.gov
SOURCE: San Bernardino County Operational Area Emergency Operations Center Plans and Intelligence Section (909) 356-3998 FAX (909) 356-3965 OASIS: 6-0802 email@example.com