VICTORVILLE, Calif. (VVNG.com) — A street vendor best known by the public as the ‘Elote Man’ was beat-up and robbed by two suspects in Victorville.
It happened on Monday, November 4, 2019, at about 6:00 pm at the corner of Hughes Road and Rodeo Drive.
Victorville sheriff’s spokeswoman Mara Rodriguez told VVNG the male victim was selling corn near the corner when two male suspects approached him, assaulted him, and took money from him.
The suspects were described as a black male, 20-25 years old, approximately 5’8”, 150 pounds and a white male, 20-25 years old, approximately 5’6”, 150 pounds, wearing a black shirt with a white logo on it.
The 48-year-old victim was transported to a local hospital for treatment. An update on his condition was not available as of Wednesday morning.
Deputies conducted a search of the area but the suspects had already fled the scene in a small dark-colored sedan.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Victorville Police Department at 760-241-2911.
UPDATE: VVNG has obtained permission to share the following gofundme link to help Moises Munoz, the elote man with donations: HELP MOISES
- Barstow Sheriff’s Deputy attacked by suspect with a machete
- A long-duration and dangerous heat-wave will begin Friday, Monsson activity possible
- Can you help Victorville Police ID this suspect?
- 14 arrested, cash, guns, and marijuana seized during search warrant in Victorville
- Motorcyclist airlifted after crash on Pawnee Rd and Highway 18 in Apple Valley