YUCAIPA, Calif. (VVNG.com) — CAL FIRE Law Enforcement has determined the El Dorado Fire, burning near Oak Glen in San Bernardino County, was caused by a smoke generating pyrotechnic device, used during a gender reveal party, officials said.
The fire began at 10:23 am on September 5, 2020, in the El Dorado Ranch Park in Yucaipa and has grown to 7,050 acres and is only 5% contained.
The fire spread very quickly from the park to the north on to Yucaipa Ridge that separates Mountain Home Village and Forest Falls from the City of Yucaipa. Hundreds of people have been ordered to evacuate, however, no structures have been lost.
On Sunday, Governor Gavin Newsom issued an emergency proclamation for San Bernardino County due to the El Dorado Fire.
CAL FIRE reminds the public that with the dry conditions and critical fire weather, it doesn’t take much to start a wildfire. Those responsible for starting fires due to negligence or illegal activity can be held financially and criminally responsible.
A gender-reveal party is an event or celebration had during pregnancy. The primary goal of this event is the eponymous “reveal” of the fetal sex to the expecting parents, family, and friends.Wikepedia
CLOSURES AND EVACUATIONS (Holiday travelers, please note!)
- Highway 38: Northbound Highway 38 is closed at Bryant Ave. and southbound Highway 38 is closed at the town of Angelus Oaks.
- Oak Glen Road: Closed at Pine Bench Rd on the east and Cherry Croft/Jefferson on the west.
- Evacuation Order: Oak Glen (partial, see road closures), Mountain Home Village, Forest Falls and North Bench Yucaipa (north of Carter St. to Highway 38 and both sides of Bryant St., east & west).
SAN BERNARDINO NATIONAL FORESTRECREATION CLOSURES
- San Gorgonio Wilderness: The entire wilderness area is closed, in addition to all inbound trails and associated parking lots, roads and trailheads.
- Other Trails: Big Falls, Oak Glen Divide, Wilson Creek and Santa Ana River Trail between the southern Forest boundary and Middle Control Road.
- Picnic Areas: Falls and Thurman Flats
- Camping: Thomas Hunting Grounds Yellow Post Sites
- Roads: Thomas Hunting Grounds Road (1N12), Morton Springs Road (1S13) and Warm Springs Road (1S12)
All News7 days ago
Driver killed after crashing into tow truck on 15 freeway offramp in Hesperia
All News3 days ago
Quick Shop 66 owners on 7th Street arrested for illegal gambling operation
All News6 days ago
Apple Valley Police warning residents of recent phone scam
All News14 hours ago
Man killed, child injured in high-speed crash in Apple Valley
All News2 days ago
Coroner Investigators seek help to ID man found dead in San Bernardino
All News6 days ago
Multiple Windows in the Jess Ranch Marketplace damaged by BB rounds
All News5 days ago
Barstow man arrested for possession and distribution of child pornography
All News1 day ago
Enter Valley Hi Toyota’s Used Car Giveaway the easy way