VICTORVILLE, Calif. (VVNG.com) — The San Bernardino County Transitional Assistance Department (TAD) is warning the public about an EBT scam targeting individuals applying for free government cell phones.
“Customers are claiming they had their benefits stolen when signing up for a government phone. Those soliciting government phones are asking for “Personally Identifiable” Information (PII) from customers, and taking pictures of Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) and other documents,” stated the alert.
Your county and state will never take pictures of your personal information, such as your EBT card number and/or your pin.
If you think you may be a victim of a scam, contact San Bernardino County TAD at 877-410-8829.
- Apple Fire started by malfunctioning vehicle, authorities seeking witnesses
- Fire restrictions increased in San Bernardino National Forest
- Dive team recover body of boater missing in Big Bear Lake since Saturday
- No injuries reported following drive-by shooting in Victorville
- Apple Fire burns over 20,000 acres and is 5% contained