CAJON PASS, Calif. (VVNG.com) — A thick layer of early morning fog has blanketed the top of the cajon pass Saturday morning.
A view of the Cal Trans traffic cams at 6:40 am showed near white-out conditions as motorists approached the summit located at the top of the I-15 freeway.
A camera near Highway 138 showed slightly better conditions. however, motorists are reporting heavy fog near the 215 interchange and Sierra Avenue.
Currently, there are no accidents to report on either side of the I-15 freeway.
Here’s a few safety tips for driving in the fog:
- Slow down. If you cannot see where you are going, do not drive fast. …
- Use low-beam headlights. When visibility is restricted, a driver’s natural tendency is to activate the high-beam headlights. …
- Use fog lights. …
- Use the right-side pavement line as a guide. …
- Do not stop on the road.
- Apple Fire started by malfunctioning vehicle, authorities seeking witnesses
- Fire restrictions increased in San Bernardino National Forest
- Dive team recover body of boater missing in Big Bear Lake since Saturday
- No injuries reported following drive-by shooting in Victorville
- Apple Fire burns over 20,000 acres and is 5% contained