LUCERNE VALLEY, Calif. (VVNG.com) — The California Highway Patrol is investigating a fatal traffic accident in Lucerne Valley early Saturday morning.
It happened at about 6:51 am on Highway 247 or most commonly known as Old Woman Springs Road and Lincoln Road.
According to the CHP logs, a blue Dodge Durango was on its roof.
San Bernardino County Fire responded and pronounced the sole occupant deceased at the scene.
Friends familiar with the incident told VVNG the driver killed was a Lucerne Valley man who was on his way to work and just a few weeks away from celebrating his 29th birthday.
CHP is investigating the crash and additional information will be updated as it becomes available.
- Apple Fire started by malfunctioning vehicle, authorities seeking witnesses
- Fire restrictions increased in San Bernardino National Forest
- Dive team recover body of boater missing in Big Bear Lake since Saturday
- No injuries reported following drive-by shooting in Victorville
- Apple Fire burns over 20,000 acres and is 5% contained