VICTORVILLE, Calif. (VVNG.com) — A driver was killed after slamming into the back of a parked semi on the I-15 freeway in Victorville.
At about 12:19 am, on Friday, May 22, 2020, officers from the California Highway Patrol and emergency personnel responded to the crash on the northbound I-15 Bear Valley Road off-ramp.
Upon arrival, crews located a black 1999 Toyota Avalon lodged under the rear of a 2010 Freightliner Cascadia with one person trapped inside. Victorville City Firefighters pronounced that individual deceased at the scene.
CHP officers interviewed the driver of the semi who reported he was asleep in the cab when the crash occurred.
The official cause of the crash is under investigation by the Victorville CHP station.
- No injuries reported following drive-by shooting in Victorville
- Apple Fire burns over 20,000 acres and is 5% contained
- Police investigate shooting at High Desert Inn in Hesperia
- Granite Hills High School Celebrates Its AP Capstone Diploma Recipients
- National Trails Highway in Oro Grande closed due to fatal crash