CALIFORNIA — The California Department of Motor Vehicles is expanding its health screening questions and temperature checks to all customers and employees entering a DMV facility beginning August 20th, officials said.
According to a news release, customers who record a temperature of 100.4 or higher will be rescheduled for a future DMV appointment. DMV employees will have their temperature checked before the start of each shift, and those with temperatures above 100.4 will be sent home.
This new procedure, using an infrared thermometer, is in addition to other recent protective actions taken by the DMV:
- All employees wear protective equipment including face coverings.
- Employees maintain physical distancing and have access to disinfecting wipes, hand sanitizer, gloves, face shields and soap and water.
- Access to hand-washing stations for customer use in select locations.
- Customers are required to wear a face covering and remain 6 feet apart in line.
- Customers are offered a text message that allows them to wait outside the building until notified it is their turn to be served.
- Entry into the building is metered.
- Expanded online services at dmv.ca.gov/online to eliminate the need to visit a field office.
The DMV recommends customers use its online services, expanded virtual services and other service channels to complete transactions, including eligible driver’s license and vehicle registration renewals. Customers can use the Service Advisor on the DMV website to learn their options to complete DMV tasks.
All News5 days ago
Driver killed after crashing into tow truck on 15 freeway offramp in Hesperia
All News2 days ago
Quick Shop 66 owners on 7th Street arrested for illegal gambling operation
All News4 days ago
Apple Valley Police warning residents of recent phone scam
All News7 days ago
Pedestrian struck on Bear Valley Road Wednesday night
All News4 days ago
Multiple Windows in the Jess Ranch Marketplace damaged by BB rounds
All News3 days ago
Barstow man arrested for possession and distribution of child pornography