APPLE VALLEY, Calif. (VVNG.com) A deadly crash forced the closure of Bear Valley Road early Saturday morning.
Just before 5:00 am, deputies from the Apple Valley Sheriff’s Department responded to a vehicle versus a big rig traffic collision and located the crash blocking eastbound lanes of traffic.
For unknown reasons, a white sedan was determined to have crashed into the back of the 18-wheeler trapping the driver of the car.
Sheriff’s officials at the scene confirmed there were no marks on the street indicating the car attempted to brake.
Emergency personnel arrived on scene and pronounced the male adult driver of the white 1999 Ford Taurus deceased.
The driver of the big rig was transported as a precaution to a local hospital and later released, officials confirmed.
Eastbound lanes of Bear Valley Road was closed from Reata Road to Jess Ranch Parkway while authorities investigate.
The roadway is expected to re-open around 12:30 pm.
The identification of the deceased male adult, who is believed to in his mid-thirties, is being withheld pending notification of next of kin.
- Adelanto man asleep in Del Taco drive-thru arrested on weapon and drug violations
- DMV Now Offering Commercial Driver’s License Renewals Online
- Transient arrested for arson after setting fire to bushes outside of Arby’s in Victorville
- All SB County residents urged to get tested for COVID-19 using easy-to-use nasal swabs
- Driver in high-speed pursuit cited and released due to medical condition