APPLE VALLEY, Calif. (VVNG.com) — The San Bernardino County Coroners Office identified a man and a woman killed in a single-vehicle rollover crash Saturday in Apple Valley.
The coroner’s office identified the deceased as Tandy Patnode, 39, and Eric Aranda, 30, both residents of Apple Valley.
On Saturday, January 18, 2020, at approximately 12:21 p.m., deputies from the Apple Valley Police Station responded to the area Central Road and Zuni Road following the report of a single-vehicle traffic collision.
Two of the vehicle’s occupants were pronounced deceased at the scene.
The driver, a 33-year-old male was transported to St. Mary’s hospital and one passenger, a 14-year-old male ejected from the SUV was airlifted to Loma Linda University Medical Center.
Through investigation, deputies determined the 1986 Toyota 4Runner was traveling south through a dirt trail west of Central Road. As the vehicle crossed over Zuni Road, it struck a berm, overturned, and came to rest upside down.
The collision is under investigation by the Apple Valley Police Department, and deputies are seeking additional witnesses.
Anyone with information is encouraged to contact Deputy C. Sahagun or Deputy S. Cullum at 760-240-7400. Callers wishing to remain anonymous may contact WeTip at (800)78-CRIME or www.wetip.com.
- Apple Fire started by malfunctioning vehicle, authorities seeking witnesses
- Fire restrictions increased in San Bernardino National Forest
- Dive team recover body of boater missing in Big Bear Lake since Saturday
- No injuries reported following drive-by shooting in Victorville
- Apple Fire burns over 20,000 acres and is 5% contained