VICTORVILLE, Calif. (VVNG.com) — Guests staying on the third floor of the Comfort Suites were evacuated after a fire extinguisher was discharged Sunday night.
At about 9:20 pm, on January 26, 2020, Victorville City Fire responded to the hotel located in the 12200 block of Mariposa Road reference a commercial structure fire.
Upon arrival, firefighters located a three-story hotel with nothing visible showing from the outside.
Fire crews made entry into the building and located what was reported to be heavy smoke on the third floor, scanner traffic reported.
After investigating firefighters determined a fire extinguisher used in the hallway of the 3rd floor was the source of the fire alarm activation.
Guests were allowed to return back to their rooms a short time later.
- Apple Fire started by malfunctioning vehicle, authorities seeking witnesses
- Fire restrictions increased in San Bernardino National Forest
- Dive team recover body of boater missing in Big Bear Lake since Saturday
- No injuries reported following drive-by shooting in Victorville
- Apple Fire burns over 20,000 acres and is 5% contained