VICTORVILLE:(VVNG.com)- San Bernardino County Sheriff’s dispatch received a report that a small child had been struck by a vehicle in the area of Nisqualli Road and 1st Avenue.
The incident was reported just before 2:00 P.M., on Wednesday, February 24, 2016.
Authorities said, the juvenile is a 5-year-old boy and a student at Galileo Academy located on the 17000 block of Silica Drive.
According to public information officer Mara Rodriguez, the juvenile was in a marked cross walk and attempting to cross Nisqualli Road when he was struck by the vehicle.
The child was reportedly up and walking around after he was struck. “The child sustained minor injuries and was not transported”, stated Rodriguez.
Authorities said, the driver of the vehicle was not speeding at the time of the crash.
More information will be updated as it becomes available.
- Apple Fire started by malfunctioning vehicle, authorities seeking witnesses
- Fire restrictions increased in San Bernardino National Forest
- Dive team recover body of boater missing in Big Bear Lake since Saturday
- No injuries reported following drive-by shooting in Victorville
- Apple Fire burns over 20,000 acres and is 5% contained