- Tabitha Treas, 23 of Hesperia and Kyler Johnson, 23 of Hesperia, were found passed out in a vehicle in the Circle K parking lot.
- An 8-month-old child (Treas’) was in a car seat in the vehicle.
- Firefighters responded first and then notified Apple Valley deputies.
APPLE VALLEY, Calif. (VVNG.com) — Firefighters rescued an 8-month-old baby from a vehicle after two people were found passed out from an alleged drug overdose Friday night.
It happened at about 8:35 pm., on February 21, 2020, in the parking lot of the Circle K located at 20920 Bear Valley Road in the town of Apple Valley.
Danielle and her co-worker Michael called 911 after they noticed the people inside a silver four-door Pontiac Grand Prix were completely passed out and a child was in the back seat.
Firefighters from the Apple Valley Fire Protection District responded for a possible medical aid and later requested the sheriff’s department along with an ambulance after confirming it was a drug overdose and a possible child endangerment issue.
Deputies were able to open the car door and remove the infant from a neutral-colored car seat.
Danielle said the female was responsive after a while, however, the male was unconscious. “The paramedics had to give the male Narcan to revive him.”
According to Danielle, the two were arrested and the child was taken into protective custody. “It’s so sad this kid is going to now go through so much in the system,” she stated.
In a Saturday morning update, sheriff’s officials identified the suspects as Tabitha Treas, 23, and Kyler Johnson, 23, both residents of Hesperia.
Sheriff’s spokeswoman Cindy Bachman said deputies determined Treas and Johnson were under the influence and were arrested for Child Endangerment. They were booked at High Desert Detention Center and bail is set at $100,000.
Bachman said the baby was taken to Desert Valley Hospital for evaluation and then would be released to Children and Family Services.
(The original article was updated with new information at 9:00 am on 2/22/20)