[googlemap src=”” align=”alignright” ]On Thursday, April 24, 2014, at approximately 2:44 p.m., deputies from the Hesperia Police Department were dispatched to a residence in the 16100 Block of Chestnut Street, reference a baby not breathing. Upon arrival at the residence, deputies and medical aid personnel found a 2-year-old male unresponsive and not breathing. The male identified as Grant Dunn, 2 year old resident of Hesperia, was transported to Desert Valley Hospital in Victorville where he was pronounced deceased.
Due to the unknown circumstances of the child’s death, investigators from the Sheriff’s Homicide Detail responded to the location and assumed the investigation.
On Tuesday, April 29, 2014, Jaimi Teresa Roberts, 22-year-old resident of Hesperia was arrested at the Hesperia Police Department. Roberts was booked into the High Desert Detention Center (HDDC) on a charge of murder.
Anyone with information related to the investigation is asked to contact Detective Mike Flores or Sergeant Jason Radeleff of the Sheriff’s Homicide Detail (909) 387-3589. Callers wishing to remain anonymous are encouraged to contact We-Tip at (888) 78-CRIME (27463) or you may leave information on the We-Tip website at www.wetip.com.
- No injuries reported following drive-by shooting in Victorville
- Apple Fire burns over 20,000 acres and is 5% contained
- Police investigate shooting at High Desert Inn in Hesperia
- Granite Hills High School Celebrates Its AP Capstone Diploma Recipients
- National Trails Highway in Oro Grande closed due to fatal crash