Celebrate “Earth Day At The MRF” on Saturday, May 3rd
Victor Valley Residents Invited to Earth Day Celebration at Victor Valley Materials Recovery Facility
All High Desert residents are invited to attend the “Earth Day at the MRF” Celebration at the Victor Valley Materials Recovery Facility on Saturday, May 3rd, from 8 a.m. to 12 noon. The Victor Valley MRF is located at 17000 Abbey Lane in Victorville, just off of Stoddard Wells Road.
The Earth Day At The MRF celebration will feature:
- Tire Amnesty—Free tire drop off for Adelanto, Apple Valley, Victorville, and unincorporated San Bernardino County High Desert residents. Limit of 9 tires per vehicle. ID required. Tires may be on or off rim. Only car and light truck tires accepted. No semi tires or tires from equipment. No business tires, haulers, or dealers.
- Free Shred Fest—Residents can bring up to 4, 20 pound boxes of confidential paper documents to shred for free. Shredding done on site by All Purpose Document Destruction. No businesses.
- Free Compost & Mulch Giveaway—Residents can get up to 50 gallons of compost and mulch for free. Bring your own shovel and containers!
- “Recycle Alley” Drop-off Center: Residents and businesses can drop off TVs, computers, appliances, clothing, shoes, and other recyclables for FREE during the event.
In addition, the event will include:
- MRF Open House & Tours—See the MRF processing center in operation, sorting bottles, cans, paper, and cardboard.
- Recycling & Backyard Composting Information—There will be information booths and displays focused on recycling, backyard composting, and proper household hazardous waste disposal.
- Free Reusable Bag Giveaway—to the first 200 attendees
- Double Your CRV Contest: Those bringing CRV to redeem at the MRF’s Buy Back Center can enter a contest to win a coupon worth up to $100 on their next trip to redeem CRV at the MRF.
- Raffles, Door Prizes, and Giveaways
The “Earth Day at the MRF” celebration is sponsored by the Mojave Desert & Mountain Recycling Authority, City of Victorville, Town of Apple Valley, City of Adelanto, County of San Bernardino, and Burrtec Waste Industries.
For More Information: Contact the City of Victorville Recycling Program at 760-955-8615 or the Victor Valley Materials Recovery Facility at 760-241-1284.
Family asking for public’s help in finding a man last seen in Phelan
PHELAN, Calif. (VVNG.com) — The family of a 47-year-old man missing for nearly 5 months is asking for the public’s...
17-year-old arrested for the murder of Donald Sullivan in Adelanto
ADELANTO, Calif. (VVNG.com) — Authorities arrested a 17-year-old teenager for the murder of Donald Sullivan on St. Patrick’s Day in...
Man shot and killed on St. Patrick’s Day in Adelanto; investigation underway
ADELANTO, Calif. (VVNG.com) — A homicide investigation is underway in the City of Adelanto after a man was shot and...
Valley Wide Newspapers building in Hesperia damaged during car crash
HESPERIA, Calif. (VVNG.com) — The Valley Wide Newspapers building in Hesperia was damaged during a Thursday night crash. On March...
23-year-old killed in rollover crash on northbound I-15 freeway in Hesperia
HESPERIA, Calif. (VVNG.com) — A 23-year-old from Hesperia was killed in a single-vehicle rollover crash on the I-15 freeway in...
All News6 days ago
16-year-old dies in Oak Hills house fire while saving other family members
All News5 days ago
Subway in Victorville robbed by two juveniles Tuesday night
All News4 days ago
Rock Springs Road closed between Hesperia and Apple Valley due to flooding
All News1 week ago
One person airlifted after Saturday morning crash at Phelan and Sheep Creek Roads
Adelanto News5 days ago
27-year-old pedestrian killed on State Highway 18 in Apple Valley
All News4 days ago
Pedestrian killed Tuesday night in Victorville identified as 36-year-old man
All News7 days ago
Victor Valley Union High School District to open new middle school in Victorville
All News7 days ago
CHP impounds motorcycle of an unlicensed driver going over 110 mph on SR-18