Victor Valley Residents Invited to Earth Day Celebration at Victor Valley Materials Recovery Facility
All High Desert residents are invited to attend the “Earth Day at the MRF” Celebration at the Victor Valley Materials Recovery Facility on Saturday, May 3rd, from 8 a.m. to 12 noon. The Victor Valley MRF is located at 17000 Abbey Lane in Victorville, just off of Stoddard Wells Road.
The Earth Day At The MRF celebration will feature:
- Tire Amnesty—Free tire drop off for Adelanto, Apple Valley, Victorville, and unincorporated San Bernardino County High Desert residents. Limit of 9 tires per vehicle. ID required. Tires may be on or off rim. Only car and light truck tires accepted. No semi tires or tires from equipment. No business tires, haulers, or dealers.
- Free Shred Fest—Residents can bring up to 4, 20 pound boxes of confidential paper documents to shred for free. Shredding done on site by All Purpose Document Destruction. No businesses.
- Free Compost & Mulch Giveaway—Residents can get up to 50 gallons of compost and mulch for free. Bring your own shovel and containers!
- “Recycle Alley” Drop-off Center: Residents and businesses can drop off TVs, computers, appliances, clothing, shoes, and other recyclables for FREE during the event.
In addition, the event will include:
- MRF Open House & Tours—See the MRF processing center in operation, sorting bottles, cans, paper, and cardboard.
- Recycling & Backyard Composting Information—There will be information booths and displays focused on recycling, backyard composting, and proper household hazardous waste disposal.
- Free Reusable Bag Giveaway—to the first 200 attendees
- Double Your CRV Contest: Those bringing CRV to redeem at the MRF’s Buy Back Center can enter a contest to win a coupon worth up to $100 on their next trip to redeem CRV at the MRF.
- Raffles, Door Prizes, and Giveaways
The “Earth Day at the MRF” celebration is sponsored by the Mojave Desert & Mountain Recycling Authority, City of Victorville, Town of Apple Valley, City of Adelanto, County of San Bernardino, and Burrtec Waste Industries.
For More Information: Contact the City of Victorville Recycling Program at 760-955-8615 or the Victor Valley Materials Recovery Facility at 760-241-1284.
All News7 days ago
Apple Valley man, 58, arrested for possession and distribution of child porn
All News6 days ago
Driver airlifted from crash on Air Expressway in Victorville
All News4 days ago
NB-15 freeway closed near Barstow due to fatal officer involved shooting
All News3 days ago
Coroner ID’s driver killed in crash involving school bus on National Trails Highway
All News7 days ago
Wrightwood Market burglarized; suspects remain at large
Apple Valley News5 days ago
Apple Valley in-person voting sites open Oct 26
Adelanto News3 days ago
3 suspects wanted in connection with a carjacking in Adelanto
All News2 days ago
3 people airlifted from crash on Palmdale Road in Phelan