HESPERIA, Calif. (VVNG.com) — Family and friends are planning to hold a candlelight vigil tonight for JT Brackins, a 27-year-old struck and killed by a vehicle in Hesperia.
It happened at about 1:48 am near the intersection of Main Street and Seventh Avenue on November 16, 2019.
Deputies responded to the location and pronounced a male pedestrian deceased at the scene, officials said.
Sheriff’s spokeswoman Jodi Miller told VVNG, the driver of the vehicle remained on scene and was cooperative with deputies. According to Miller, nothing in the call history indicated the crash was being investigated as a DUI.
Westbound traffic on Main Street was closed for several hours as officials investigated and waited for the coroners to arrive.
JT’s loved ones will hold a candlelight vigil for him at 6:00 pm tonight at the intersection of Main and 7th.
The official cause of the accident is under investigation by the Hesperia Sheriff’s Major Accident Investigation Team. Additional information will be updated as it becomes available.
- Barstow Sheriff’s Deputy attacked by suspect with a machete
- A long-duration and dangerous heat-wave will begin Friday, Monsson activity possible
- Can you help Victorville Police ID this suspect?
- 14 arrested, cash, guns, and marijuana seized during search warrant in Victorville
- Motorcyclist airlifted after crash on Pawnee Rd and Highway 18 in Apple Valley