VICTORVILLE, Calif. (VVNG.com) A red Challenger caught fire following a head-on traffic collision on Luna Road Monday afternoon.
Authorities responded to the 12200 block of Luna Road and Curtis Way at around 3:25 pm and located a gray Ford Explorer and a red Challenger with major damage.
According to a witness, the red Challenger was driving westbound on Luna Road at a very “unsafe speed.”
“The driver crossed over the double yellow line and collided head-on with the SUV,” a witness told Victor Valley News.
The vehicle erupted into flames and bystanders helped pull the sole occupant from the Challenger out.
San Bernardino County Firefighters were able to quickly extinguish the vehicle fire.
The male driver of the Challenger was transported by ground ambulance to Arrowhead Regional Medical Center with non-life-threatening injuries.
The two male occupants of the Ford were evaluated at the scene but declined medical transport.
The official cause of the crash is currently under investigation by the Victorville Sheriff’s Department.
Correction: CHP logs first reported the red vehicle as a Camaro, however, the vehicle is a red Dodge Challenger.
- Barstow Sheriff’s Deputy attacked by suspect with a machete
- A long-duration and dangerous heat-wave will begin Friday, Monsson activity possible
- Can you help Victorville Police ID this suspect?
- 14 arrested, cash, guns, and marijuana seized during search warrant in Victorville
- Motorcyclist airlifted after crash on Pawnee Rd and Highway 18 in Apple Valley