VICTORVILLE, Calif. (VVNG.com) — The California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) continues work on the I-15 interchange project in Victorville.
On Friday, August 16, 2019, Caltrans will close the southbound I-15 just south of Stoddard Wells Road to Mojave Drive starting at 7 p.m. The closure is scheduled to last until 7 a.m. Saturday morning.
On August 19, 2019, at 6:00 pm work will require the northbound lane and ramp closures from Mojave Drive to Stoddard Wells Road through August 22 at 7:00 a.m.
Northbound on and off
Remember to reduce your speed in the work zone. Be advised, weather conditions may affect this operation.
This $76 million project is needed to upgrade existing interim nonstandard roadway features to current standards, improve traffic safety, and improve operational characteristics of the interchanges at “D” Street, “E” Street and Stoddard Wells Road and improve the aesthetics of the gateway to the City of Victorville by enhancing the environment that is seen from the freeway, as well as, from the community. The intent is that these aesthetic treatments will fit the natural desert surroundings of this area by including special ground plant treatments, as well as, architectural and structural elements.
- Fire restrictions increased in San Bernardino National Forest
- Dive team recover body of boater missing in Big Bear Lake since Saturday
- No injuries reported following drive-by shooting in Victorville
- Apple Fire burns over 20,000 acres and is 5% contained
- Police investigate shooting at High Desert Inn in Hesperia