APPLE VALLEY, Calif. (VVNG.com) — One person was killed in a crash that shut down Bear Valley Road this Sunday afternoon, and several others were injured, officials told Victor Valley News.
The head-on crash happened at 2 p.m. on April 14, 2019, on Bear Valley Road west of Deep Creek Road.
“The Apple Valley Fire responded with a battalion chief, a rescue, a ladder truck, and a type-1 engine,” Battalion Chief Buddy Peratt said in a video statement with VVNG.
A white Nissan Rogue SUV, a white Chevy Blazer and a charcoal grey colored Toyota minivan were all involved, and all sustained major damage.
Inside the Toyota they found a deceased passenger. Witnesses say she was a female.
The male driver of the Toyota sustained major injuries and had to be flown to a trauma center.
The CHP helicopter H80, landed at the scene to fly the man to Loma Linda University Medical Center.
Peratt said three AMR ambulances transported three other people who sustained minor to moderate injuries to local hospitals.
According to Deputy B. Mahoney, the driver of the Toyota reportedly made an abrupt change and crossed into the #1 lane, then crossed over into oncoming traffic and went head-on into the white Blazer.
Officials are still investigating the crash.
“Due to a major traffic collision, there is a hard road closure westbound Bear Valley at Deep Creek Road, and eastbound at Cottontail Road until further notice,” stated the Apple Valley Police Department.
This is a breaking news story, check back for updates
- Police Arrest Transient After Burglary at Wimpey’s Pawn Shop in Victorville
- Altercation over wearing a mask at a Rancho Cucamonga gas station turns violent
- 2 homeless women arrested for possession of stolen vehicle in Victorville
- Apple Valley man, 21, arrested for Elder Abuse after pushing relative to the ground
- Town of Apple Valley offers day camp, reopens fields for youth sports