UPDATE @ 2:30 PM – Traffic on the northbound 15 freeway is at a crawl from the 215 split/interchange. Expect delays.
UPDATE @ 2:20 PM – Units on scene of the Cleghorn Fire can handle. All other units have been canceled, per SB National Forest Twitter post.
UPDATE @ 2:10 PM – Several water-dropping helicopters have arrived and are assisting with water/retardant drops.
UPDATE @ 2:00 PM – The fire has been dubbed the ‘Cleghorn Fire’ and is now at 5-6 acres with a moderate rate of spread running in the northwest direction.
CAJON PASS, Calif. (VVNG.com) Fire crews are working a brush fire in the Cajon Pass Wednesday afternoon.
The fire was first reported at 1:24 pm., burning along the right shoulder of the northbound I-15 freeway north of Kenwood.
Per CHP incident logs, the no. 5 lane will remain closed for a couple of hours.
The San Bernardino National Forest has assumed the lead in the fire.
Information will be updated as it becomes available.
- Transient arrested for arson after setting fire to bushes outside of Arby’s in Victorville
- All SB County residents urged to get tested for COVID-19 using easy-to-use nasal swabs
- Driver in high-speed pursuit cited and released due to medical condition
- Police investigating after man shows up to local hospital with gunshot wound
- Homeless man stabbed in the back, 30-year-old arrested for attempted murder