A delicious potato soup similar to Disneyland’s Carnation Cafe Loaded Baked Potato Soup.
With the cold settling in the Victor Valley, those summer BBQs have come to an end.
It’s time to start switching up the recipe with something different that will warm your soul and satisfy your your taste buds. Try this recipe that is easy to follow and easy to make– the Loaded Baked Potatoe Soup!
-1 pound bacon chopped
-2 carrots peeled and sliced
-1 tsp. onion powder
-4 Russet Potatoes (large) peeled and diced
-5 Red Potatoes (medium) diced
-1/4 cup flour
-2 cups chicken broth
-3-3.5 cups whipping cream
-2-3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
-Salt & pepper to taste
- Soak diced potatoes in cold water until ready to use to keep them from turning brown.
- To make the bacon easier to chop, lightly freeze.
- In a large pot fry bacon until crispy over medium heat. When done, take the bacon out and let drain on a plate with a paper towel on it.
- In the bacon fat, cook carrots for 3-4 minutes. Add potatoes and cook for 4-5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Whisk flour in your pot until the flour is cooked and it has thickened up a little bit (about 5 minutes).
- Add chicken broth, half the bacon(the other half will be used for garnish), and salt & pepper.
- Bring the soup to a simmer and cook for 20-25 minutes are until the potatoes are soft.
- Mash any potatoes if needed if you want a more creamier consistency. Add whipping cream and 1 cup of cheese – simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add more broth if needed for a creamy consistency. Season to taste.
- Add more cheese to the top along with sour cream and left over bacon pieces. ENJOY.
Recipe was submitted by Becky Hoyles via VVNG.com ‘*Submit an Article’ feature: If you would like to submit a recipe/article please click here.