- 2 lbs extra lean ground beef.
- 1 package Italian Sausage, use 5 links (Mild or Hot) remove Casing.
- 1 Onion
- 1 Tbsp wet garlic, Parsley
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 Cup of milk
- 4 Slices of toasted bread (crumble)
- 12oz 2 lbs Mozzarella cheese
- 2 66oz jars of Ragu spaghetti sauce (traditional) or 45oz jar (3)
- 3 Boxes manicotti noodles (14 in each box)
Mix hamburger and italian sausage together. Cook the meat mixture until brown. Add onion, wet garlic, parsley, salt and pepper to taste. Cook about 10 minutes remove from the stove top and add bread, milk, egg and mozzarella cheese. Let the meat mixture cool a little so you can handle with your hands.
In a large pot, bring water to boil to cook manicotti noodles until a little soft. They take about 5-7 minutes to cook, don’t over cook noodles. Remove noodles from pot and place them on a plate and then you are able to stuff the noodles with the meat mixture.
In a glass baking dish or metal cake pan put a layer of spaghetti sauce on the bottom of the dish, then place the stuffed manicotti in the dish. Once the dish is full then cover the manicotti with the spaghetti sauce. Cover with tin foil and place in oven to bake for 1 hour.
-Metal pan bake on 350 degrees
-Glass dish bake on 325 degrees
Recipe by: Marlene Johnson