APPLE VALLEY: On December 20, 2013, between the hours of 6:00 p.m. – December 21st, at 2:00 a.m., Deputies, Citizen Volunteers and Explorer Scouts from the Apple Valley Police Department conducted a safety checkpoint on Apple Valley Road.
A total of 2200 vehicles passed through the checkpoint during the eight hour period. 1 arrest was made, 3 vehicles were towed for suspended drivers licenses, expired vehicle registration and DUI. Deputies cited 10 drivers for vehicle code violations including, suspended and expired drivers licenses. The series of planned checkpoints is funded by the California Office of Traffic Safety through the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
Report drunk driver’s CALL 911!
- Dive team recover body of boater missing in Big Bear Lake since Saturday
- No injuries reported following drive-by shooting in Victorville
- Apple Fire burns over 20,000 acres and is 5% contained
- Police investigate shooting at High Desert Inn in Hesperia
- Granite Hills High School Celebrates Its AP Capstone Diploma Recipients