APPLE VALLEY, Calif. (VVNG.com) – A 45-year-old Apple Valley man died from injuries sustained in a solo motorcycle crash Saturday night.
At about 10:29 p.m. officers from the California Highway Patrol responded to the area of Joshua Street south of Roundup Way in Apple Valley.
Officers arrived and located a motorcyclist who had been ejected from his Yamaha YZ250. The male was transported to Arrowhead Regional Medical Center where was pronounced deceased at 1:08 a.m.
Through investigation, authorities determined the male was riding his bike in a southbound direction on Joshua Street, south of Roundup Way, at an unknown speed.
According to officer L. Harris, the male wasn’t wearing a helmet as he operated the motorcycle.
“The subject made an unsafe turning movement to the right and traveled into the uneven terrain on the west side of the roadway,” stated Harris.
The rider was unable to maintain control of the bike and subsequently collided with a mailbox on the shoulder. As the man swerved his motorcycle back to the left he was ejected.
The identity of the deceased male will be released pending notification of next of kin.
The crash remains under investigation by the Victorville CHP office. Anyone with information is urged to contact (760)241-1186.
- Adelanto man asleep in Del Taco drive-thru arrested on weapon and drug violations
- DMV Now Offering Commercial Driver’s License Renewals Online
- Transient arrested for arson after setting fire to bushes outside of Arby’s in Victorville
- All SB County residents urged to get tested for COVID-19 using easy-to-use nasal swabs
- Driver in high-speed pursuit cited and released due to medical condition