APPLE VALLEY, Calif. (VVNG.com) — A 27-year-old man from Apple Valley was killed in a single-vehicle traffic collision early Wednesday morning, officials said.
It happened on August 28, 2019, at about 7:11 am at the intersection of Central and Quarry Roads in Apple Valley.
Emergency personnel responded and located a 2014 white Nissan Frontier and pronounced the driver, described as a white male adult, deceased at the scene.
Through the investigation, officials determined the Nissan was traveling northbound on Central Road at high-rate of speed and the driver failed to stop at the intersection. The truck continued through the intersection before colliding into the railroad tracks and rolling several times before coming to a rest.
The name of the decedent is being withheld pending a positive identification and family notification.
Anyone with information about this investigation is asked to contact Deputy C. Sahagun at the Apple Valley Police Department at (760) 240-7400 or Sheriff’s Dispatch at (760) 956-5001.
Callers wishing to remain anonymous are urged to call the We-Tip Hotline at 1-800-78CRIME (27463) or you may leave information on the We-Tip website at www.wetip.com.
- Apple Fire started by malfunctioning vehicle, authorities seeking witnesses
- Fire restrictions increased in San Bernardino National Forest
- Dive team recover body of boater missing in Big Bear Lake since Saturday
- No injuries reported following drive-by shooting in Victorville
- Apple Fire burns over 20,000 acres and is 5% contained