APPLE VALLEY, Calif. (VVNG.com) — Dressbarn in Apple Valley will close its doors following the company’s announcement to “wind-down” retail operations on Monday, May 20, 2019.
Dressbarn is a very popular women’s retail clothing store that’s been around for 57 years and has 650 different locations.
The company is owned by Ascena Retail Inc., who said it wants to focus on more their more profitable brands like Lane Bryant and Ann Taylor.
“This decision was difficult, but necessary, as the Dressbarn chain has not been operating at an acceptable level of profitability in today’s retail environment,” said Steven Taylor, CFO, Dressbarn
“During the wind down process, we will continue to provide our customers with the same great experience both in-store and online, offering them even better deals and value. We will work to assist our associates through the transition and maintain existing relationships with our vendors, suppliers, and other key stakeholders through this process.”
Information about store closing sales will be shared at a later date, according to the retailer.
Apple Valley is home to the only Dressbarn in the Victor Valley located in the Jess Ranch Marketplace at 19105 Bear Valley Road.
- No injuries reported following drive-by shooting in Victorville
- Apple Fire burns over 20,000 acres and is 5% contained
- Police investigate shooting at High Desert Inn in Hesperia
- Granite Hills High School Celebrates Its AP Capstone Diploma Recipients
- National Trails Highway in Oro Grande closed due to fatal crash