Connect with us

All News

4-year-old Apple Valley Boy Dies After Ingesting a Controlled Substance; Step-Father Arrested

Published

on

An Apple Valley man is arrested after his 4-year-old stepson dies from ingesting a controlled substance. (Hugo C. Valdez, VVNG.com)

APPLE VALLEY, Calif. (VVNG.com) — Sheriff’s officials arrested the step-father of a 4-year-old-boy who died after ingesting a controlled substance, officials said. Anthony Edward Williams, 31, was charged with PC273a(a) Child Endangerment likely to result in Great Bodily Injury or Death on Thursday, July 23, 2020.

At about 10:45 AM, deputies responded to St. Mary’s Medical Center following the report of an unconscious and unresponsive child identified as 4-year-old Logan Alan Pittman inside the emergency room.

According to a sheriff’s news release, medical personnel did everything they could to save little Logan for over an hour before he was pronounced deceased. “Deputies learned that the child had ingested a controlled substance prior to being taken to the hospital,” stated the release.

Williams was interviewed by Homicide Detectives from the Specialized Investigations Division and subsequently arrested, transported, and booked for child endangerment likely to result in great bodily injury or death. According to booking logs, Williams posted bail and was released from custody on July 25, 2020.

VVNG reached out to sheriff’s headquarters on the day of the investigation at the family’s apartment in the area of Laguna and Kiowa Roads in Apple Valley and were told detectives were not ready to release any details.

Officials said no additional information is being released at this time and the investigation is ongoing.

Anyone with information is asked to contact Detective Max Kunzman, Homicide Detail at (909) 387-3589. Callers can remain anonymous and contact WeTip at 800-78CRIME or www.wetip.com.

An Apple Valley man is arrested after his 4-year-old stepson dies from ingesting a controlled substance
An Apple Valley man is arrested after his 4-year-old stepson dies from ingesting a controlled substance. (Hugo C. Valdez, VVNG.com)
(Gofundme)

To follow updates to this article and more, Join our newsgroup on Facebook with over 140,000 members, Like our Facebook page, and Follow us on Instagram and Twitter.

Trending