BARSTOW, Calif. (VVNG.com) — Two people were airlifted from a crash on National Trails Highway Monday night.
It happened at about 5:55 pm on August 26, 2019, prompting the California Highway Patrol to shut down the two-lane highway near Frontier Road for several hours.
For reasons still unknown, a Scion XD and a four-door second sedan collided in the roadway. The impact caused the Scion to block the roadway after flipping onto its side.
Firefighters requested two medical helicopters to land at the scene and airlift two people to an out of area trauma center.
The cause of the crash remains under investigation by CHP.
Additional information will be updated as it becomes available.
- No injuries reported following drive-by shooting in Victorville
- Apple Fire burns over 20,000 acres and is 5% contained
- Police investigate shooting at High Desert Inn in Hesperia
- Granite Hills High School Celebrates Its AP Capstone Diploma Recipients
- National Trails Highway in Oro Grande closed due to fatal crash