HESPERIA, Calif. (VVNG.com) — Two people are dead following a small plane crash moments after take-off from the Hesperia Airport here Friday.
At about 5:25 pm, 911 dispatch received reports of an aircraft down on Summit Valley near Las Flores Road. Dispatch also received reports of a small brush fire starting in the area near the crash.
Firefighters with San Bernardino County Fire arrived on scene and located the small aircraft down in the roadway fully engulfed. Fire had also spread to a 10×10 spot of vegetation on fire, scanner traffic reported.
According to a tweet from SBC Fire, two occupants were located inside the plane and pronounced deceased. Power lines are also reported to be down near the area.
A witness said the airplane was attempting to take flight from the Hesperia Airport when it crashed seconds later.
The FAA and NTSB have been notified and will respond to the scene and handle the investigation.
Summit Valley Road south of Las Flores is expected to remain closed for several hours.
- Apple Fire started by malfunctioning vehicle, authorities seeking witnesses
- Fire restrictions increased in San Bernardino National Forest
- Dive team recover body of boater missing in Big Bear Lake since Saturday
- No injuries reported following drive-by shooting in Victorville
- Apple Fire burns over 20,000 acres and is 5% contained