APPLE VALLEY, Calif. (VVNG.com) – San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Deputies arrested two Big Bear men and recovered stolen property associated with several burglaries, officials said.
Bryan Castillo and Javier Morales, both 27-years-old were arrested on January 5, 2018, when police found them sitting inside a stolen 2016 GMC Sierra in the south-west parking lot at Bear Valley and Apple Valley Roads.
“The vehicle was found to be a reported stolen vehicle and related to several Big Bear residential burglaries involving the thefts of over $40,000.00 worth of property,” stated a sheriff’s news release.
Through investigation, authorities determined the vehicle was stolen during one of the burglaries and possibly contained property associated from several burglaries. The registered owner was contacted and his trucking personal stolen property were returned.
The investigation is continuing and Big Bear detectives are still matching some of the recovered property to past burglary victims.
If anyone has any information regarding this case, they are urged to call the San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Big Bear Station @ 909-866-0100 or they can contact Sergeant James Evans at the Apple Valley Station.
- Apple Fire started by malfunctioning vehicle, authorities seeking witnesses
- Fire restrictions increased in San Bernardino National Forest
- Dive team recover body of boater missing in Big Bear Lake since Saturday
- No injuries reported following drive-by shooting in Victorville
- Apple Fire burns over 20,000 acres and is 5% contained