ADELANTO, Calif. (VVNG.com) — Two critically injured people were airlifted to trauma centers after colliding into a semi Thursday night.
It happened at about 10:15 pm, on US Highway 395 just south of Air Express Way in Adelanto.
Based on preliminary information, the tractor-trailer was stopped on the side of US-395 when a Honda sedan slammed into the rear of the trailer causing the vehicle to be wedged underneath.
Firefighters with San Bernardino County Fire responded to the scene and extricated at least two occupants from the sedan. Due to their injuries, two medical helicopters were requested to airlift both patients to trauma centers.
“At this time we don’t know why the vehicle failed to stop in time,” stated sheriff’s spokeswoman Staci Parks.
According to Parks, the vehicle was towed from the scene and the semi was driven from the scene.
A portion of Highway 395 was closed while authorities investigated and cleared the scene.
The cause of the crash remains under investigation by the Victor Valley Sheriff’s Station. Additional information will be updated as it becomes available.
- Apple Fire started by malfunctioning vehicle, authorities seeking witnesses
- Fire restrictions increased in San Bernardino National Forest
- Dive team recover body of boater missing in Big Bear Lake since Saturday
- No injuries reported following drive-by shooting in Victorville
- Apple Fire burns over 20,000 acres and is 5% contained